London BMX
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum site for London BMX NBL Track

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Hope you feel better Ian!!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Damzl-lady381

Damzl-lady381

Hope you feel better Ian!! Empty
PostSubject: Hope you feel better Ian!!   Hope you feel better Ian!! EmptyFri Jul 10, 2009 7:53 pm

Hey Ian!
I'm really sorry to hear the news. It sucks (!), I know. I've broken my fair share of bones and from one to another, I'm truly sorry to hear it. BUT!! You were so close to totally clearing it. And, if I do say so myself....that's a WHOLE lot more than I've accomplished with jumping. I hope to see you and your fam still coming out for races and I hope that you keep that shoulder elevated. Oh yeah, you can totally work this by the way. Breakfast in bed, water whenever, do it!! You're wife is so cool I don't think she'll mind. I hope that you start to feel better!! Best hopes and see ya soon!
Back to top Go down
svt_pony

svt_pony

PostSubject: Re: Hope you feel better Ian!!   Hope you feel better Ian!! EmptyFri Jul 10, 2009 8:30 pm

Was it a break?

That is No fun at all.

Get well soon Ian, Catch up to ya later,

James
Back to top Go down
BMXMOM3

PostSubject: IAN   Hope you feel better Ian!! EmptySat Jul 11, 2009 10:06 am

Thanks for the well wishes. Yes, it was a break. Ian broke his collar bone with multiple fractures and a dislocated shoulder. He goes in Monday morning to the Orthopedic surgeon and has surgery Monday night at 6pm. We are hoping he will be a quick healer. He's very concerned about being able to race finals in October.

Ashley, I have no problem spoiling him but he won't stand for it. He's already unloaded the trailer, hung a huge mirror I picked up at a yard sale yesterday, and is already looking forward to getting to the track tonight to volunteer. I did have to get up a few times in the middle of the night to change his ice bags but so far he won't even take a pain killer. If it were me I'd be taking advantage of it and laying in bed watching movies.

See everyone soon!

Colleen
Back to top Go down
Chris Dunn

Chris Dunn

PostSubject: Re: Hope you feel better Ian!!   Hope you feel better Ian!! EmptyMon Jul 13, 2009 4:42 pm

Ian is in recovery mode now! He is tough as nails! Get better Ian! sunny
Back to top Go down
http://london-bmx.com
IAN UHRIG

PostSubject: Re: Hope you feel better Ian!!   Hope you feel better Ian!! EmptyMon Jul 13, 2009 4:54 pm

thanks everybody for the get wells, just sittin here with my arm in a sling typing one handed how fun is that...I dont even have any pain go figure? See eveyone soon, still gonna make it to the tracks to help.

Ian U.
Back to top Go down
Chris Dunn

Chris Dunn

PostSubject: Re: Hope you feel better Ian!!   Hope you feel better Ian!! EmptyMon Jul 13, 2009 5:16 pm

......tough as nails!!! cheers cheers cheers hey always type one fingered sooo....
Back to top Go down
http://london-bmx.com
BMXMOM3

PostSubject: thanks   Hope you feel better Ian!! EmptyMon Jul 13, 2009 6:42 pm

Ian's not joking. Throughout this whole ordeal he has refused to take any pain meds claiming he has no pain. They told him today that he broke the collar bone in 4 spots. He underwent surgery this morning and received 7 screws. He still has not taken a pain med. He came home this evening and other than the huge sling they have on him you'd never know what he's been thru. He seems to think he's a pit bull. hmmm I'm starting to wonder.

We will be seeing everyone soon. We won't be making it to Akron so I guess we'll have to wait til the next weekend.

Thanks again for all the well wishes.

Colleen
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hope you feel better Ian!!   Hope you feel better Ian!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Hope you feel better Ian!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
London BMX :: London BMX Track Updates and Information :: General Information-
Jump to: