London BMX
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum site for London BMX NBL Track

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Cool Cats Clinic

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Damzl-lady381

Damzl-lady381

Cool Cats Clinic Empty
PostSubject: Cool Cats Clinic   Cool Cats Clinic EmptyFri Jul 10, 2009 9:31 pm

Hey there all you guys and gals, ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls.....London BMX is hold a clinic!! Our first of three "Cool Cats Clinics" will be on August 8, 2009 during the double race day at London BMX. What a great way to spend an entire day of BMX! I mean, come to London BMX for the first race at 1:00 PM, go to the FREE(!!!), and finish the evening the with another race starting at 7:30 PM. Did I say free?!? Why yes, yes I did say free. Our "Cool Cats Clinic" is free and open to all riders!! Plan on having a day full of fun BMX activities with your friends and family! Below you will find more information about our "Cool Cats Clinic" and a biographical about our New Rider Program Coordinator, Ashley Emmons, and contact information for her.

Cool Cats Clinic:
Date: August 8, 2009
Time: 3:00 PM to 5:00 PM
Where: London BMX (Where else?)
Fees: FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Things we'll learn:
Anything and EVERYTHING about the starting gate
how to balance, how to watch the lights, how to listen to the cadence, how to stand on the gate,
when to move to get that perfect gate start, and much more.
How to ride over the jumps
where to pedel, where to change your balance point, and even more
What kind of jumps are on the track
How to pump
How to read a moto sheet
Bunny Hop
And soooooooooooooooo much more
Fun Activities we've got planned: Look forward to some GREAT fun games that we have planned for EVERYONE at the track.
BUT!! you might want to bring a change of dry clothes with you because we have some
water games planned.

For any questions that you have, feel free to contact me!!
Ashley Emmons
ashley@london-bmx.com
fastraxbmx@london-bmx.com

Hello everyone, my name is Ashley Emmons and I am female NBL BMX racer. I have been around this sport for the last 12 years of my life, whether I was racing consistently or just taking a break. I am currently a member of the Intense/BMX Mulisha State and National team for the racing year of 2009 as well as one of the only three young ladies in NBL BMX racing to be sponorsed by Damzl Inc., a female racewear and appearl company. If you would, please read my resume to learn a little bit more about me as a BMX racer as well as another person going through everyday life. Very Happy

Name: Ashley Emmons
Birth Date: July 21, 1988
Height: 5 feet 0 inches
Class: 17 and over Women
Hometown: Galloway, Ohio
Home Track: COBRA (Heer Park) BMX
Amateur titles/Accomplishments:
2001 Heer Park BMX (COBRA) L. E. A. P. Girls #1,
1999 Ohio NBL 10-11 Girls #1, 2000 Ohio NBL 12-13 Girls #2,
2001 Ohio NBL 12-13 Girls #1, 2001 Ohio NBL 11-13 Girls Cruiser #1,
2007 Ohio NBL 17 and Over Women #2, 2000 NBL National 12 Girls #16,
2008 Ohio NBL 17 and Over Women #1,
2008 NBL Regional 17 and Over Women #2,
2001 NBL World’s Participant 13 Girls

Education:
Capital University Conservatory of Music Fall 2006 to Spring 2010
I am currently a fourth year (senior) student at Capital University and the Capital University Conservatory of Music with a major in Instrumental Music Education. I will receive my Bacholor’s Degree in Music Education in the Spring of 2010. Within these past three years I have played in the Capital/Bexely Community Orchestra; a 2nd violinist (Fall 2006-Spring 2007), the Assistant Principal 2nd Violinist (Fall 2007- Spring 2008), and 4th chair 1st violinist (Fall 2008-Spring 2009), I will be auditioning for a new spot in the Fall of 2009.
During my first year of schooling at Capital University, I found myself at home within a sisterhood bond of a fraternity. In the Spring of 2007, I was initiated into the All Women’s Music Fraternity Sigma Alpha Iota (SAI). When my second year of school began in the Fall of 2007, I found myself the Chair person of the Honors Committee for my fraternity. My duties for the Honors committee involved selecting candidates that qualified for certain awards, keeping personal information confidential, and filling out appropriate paper work. On top of those responsibilities, I also took it upon myself to create other new awards for each graduating senior in the class; this way each senior was taking home an award of their own. By the Spring of 2008 I had been picked to take over another committee for my fraternity, and this committee was the Publicity Committee. As the chair person for this committee, it was my job to keep the Capital University population updated about all of our fraternity’s events; from Bake Sales to our regular Musicale Performances. During, the 2008-2009 school year I was the Editor of the Executive Board of my fraternity’s chapter; Sigma Alpha Iota Kappa Tau Chapter. The job of Editor was to make sure that I kept the school population updated with our events, help publicize our events, keep our website running, and work with the rest of the Executive Board to make fair judgments for my fellow sisters.
On top of practicing countless hours a day, doing homework, having a work-study job, giving private traditional violin lessons, performing regularly as a soloist and a violinist in two (2) different string quartets, an Executive Board member of my fraternity, getting plenty of Field Experience Hours, regular BMX training schedule, BMX practicing and racing, I took on an inter-ship. My intern-ship is with Suzuki Music Columbus Inc. in Clintonville, Ohio. My duties for this intern-ship is to become certified in the Suzuki Violin Books, teach up to five (5) violin students maximum, work with my cooperating teacher in the Suzuki Philosophy, help teach the pre-twinkler, early book I, late book I, book II and book III, reading ensemble Suzuki violin group classes, and I am the recital host for our recital hour. And on top of that, I am an administrative assistant to the directors of our Suzuki Institute as well as a Teen Dorm Leader. I currently have two (2) Suzuki Violin students and I am certified to teach Suzuki Violin Books I, II, III, and V.
My study and education on the violin has taken me to new adventures and new teachers. Currently I study Suzuki Violin with Douglass Locke of Suzuki Music Columbus Inc, and I study the violin with Charles Wetherbee, of the Columbus Symphony Orchestra of Columbus, Ohio, from Capital University Conservatory of Music. And after these past three (3) years, I will be finishing my my Bachelor’s Degree in Instrumental Music Education May of 2010. Also, with all of my study at Capital University and all of my activities, I have maintained a GPA of 3.225 on a 4.0 scale.
Not only do I continue to ride my bike, but I continue furthering my education past a Bachelor’s Degree. I am currently looking into Graduate Schools that offer a Master’s Degree with an Emphasis in Suzuki Pedagogy.
Westland High School Fall 2002 to Spring 2006
I received my High School Diploma with Honors in the Spring of 2006, was a member of the National Honor’s Society (Fall 2005-Spring 2006), National Schools Orchestra Award (NSOA) recipient (Spring 2006), a 1st violinist in the CSYO (Columbus Symphony Youth Orchestra) (Fall 2005-Spring 2006), Girls Tennis Captain (Fall 2005-Spring 2006), Freshman Mentor (Fall 2005-Spring 2006), Concert Mistress of the Chamber Orchestra (Fall 2005-Spring 2006), Concert Mistress of the Orchestra (Fall 2004-Spring 2006), a 2nd violinist in the CSYO (Columbus Symphony Youth Orchestra) (Fall 2004-Spring 2005), Varsity Girls Tennis (Fall 2004-Spring 2006), Associate Concertmaster of Orchestra (Fall 2002-Spring 2004), Junior Varsity Girls Tennis (Fall 2003-Spring 2004), Freshman Basketball Point Guard/Small Forward (Fall 2002-Spring 2003), and graduated 21st in my class of over 250 with a 3.9 GPA on a 4.0 scale.

Again, I can be contacted at:
ashley@london-bmx.com
fastraxbmx@london-bmx.com
Back to top Go down

Cool Cats Clinic
Page 1 of 1